Catch-up Premium Strategy
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-up Premium?
In June 2020 the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19). The allocation of funding is calculated on a per pupil basis, providing each mainstream school with a total of £80 for each pupil in Years Reception through to 6.
St. Dominic Catholic Primary School’s Approach
Our whole-school plan follows a tiered approach (as outlined by the EEF):-
- high-quality teaching for all,
- targeted academic support, and
- wider strategies to support pupils
Our overall aims are
- To reduce the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers
- To raise the attainment of all pupils to close the gap created by COVID-19 school closures
- To support pupils with their personal, emotional and social needs
The money will be invested in
- High quality teacher training with a focus on phonics, reading and assessment
- New technology and platforms to support learning across the school, e.g. iPads, Chromebooks, Numbots, Phonics Play
- Additional Teaching Assistant time to support with the delivery of structured interventions